Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Menagerie 5.

B. lays still, blanket-wrapped, within his hastily-assembled Isolation Module. "I end it now," he told the others, "I stop the interfacing before it stops itself. I kill before being killed. I slay before being---"
"Yes, yes, yes," Z. interrupting. "Yes, and..." pointing upward to The Bold-Printed Sign.
And so B. cut himself off, as promised, entered the module, as assembled, and laid awake but under covers, trying to clear his mind of any reference to that thing which he was trying to avoid.
C. delivered a message to B., via paper rolled up into a ball and given greater momentum (and thus distance) by being swung from the end of a section of fishing line.

Dearest B.,
Just letting you know
that I feel properly motivated
at this moment-of-writing
to, if you consent, destroy
your new-built module
and yourself as well,
tucked within it,
this I can do,
if you so desire,
because I finally at last
feel properly motivated,
as I said previously.
Please respond quickly,
as motivation-for-destruction
is in short supply
and rarely lasts more
than half an hour.

At the ready,
C.

B., true to his method of Total Communication Resistance, did not reply to C. Had he replied, and had he agreed to the act of body-and-module-destruction, it would have had to been sent, received, and acted upon quite quickly, for C. sunk back into a motivationless lethargy only a few minutes after landing the ball of paper into B.'s Isolation Module.


No comments:

Post a Comment