Sunday, August 25, 2013

There exists an obvious fact that seems utterly moral: namely,
that a man is always a prey to his truths. Once he has admitted
them, he cannot free himself from them. One has to pay something.
A man who has be-come conscious of the absurd is forever bound
to it. A man devoid of hope and conscious of being so has ceased
to belong to the future. That is natural. But it is just as natural that
he should strive to escape the universe of which he is the creator.

--

 The important thing, as Abbe Galiani said to Mme
d’Epinay, is not to be cured, but to live with one’s ailments.


--

I ask what is involved in the condition I recognize as
mine; I know it implies obscurity and ignorance; and I am assured
that this ignorance explains everything and that this darkness is my
light.

No comments:

Post a Comment